The Desktop Laser Cutter and Engraver
May we introduce our newest family member: ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver, the affordable desktop laser cutter and engraver for everyone. Now with an integrated camera! Simply connect your PC, Mac or tablet by WiFi, choose your own design and cut or engrave a wide variety of materials with ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver.
ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver can cut …
… your architectural or airplane models with very high precision from balsa, plywood, kraftplex or cardboard. It’s the perfect tool for makers, architects, model builders and artisans.
ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver can engrave ...
… almost anything. Wood, leather, fabric and even mirrors or anodized aluminum are no problem at all. The integrated software allows for pictures to be engraved directly onto your material.
What materials can I cut and engrave?
You can cut a wide variety of materials ranging from plywood over kraftplex to basalt. There are even more materials that can be engraved for example mirror, wood, or leather.
The table below lists a small preview of materials we thoroughly tested:
How to use ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver in 4 easy steps:
1. Place your item: Place the item you want to cut or engrave into the working area and close the safety lid.
2. Choose a picture: Upload a picture from your phone, tablet or computer.
3. Resize and position your picture: Position your design or photo over the item and simply adjust it’s size per drag-and-drop. Precise positioning is very easy thanks to the live camera view on your tablet or computer.
4. Press Start and enjoy: Pick one of our default settings for most materials. Of course you can switch to cutting mode or adjust more settings for the specific type of material.
Why is ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver so easy to use?
While developing ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver we constantly focused on optimizing user experience and safety. Therefore, Mr Beam II comes with a built-in camera which allows you to position your designs precisely onto your working material. ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver is wireless and connects easily to your computer, tablet and smartphone. The beautifully designed machine is fully functional, safe and ready to use.
- Live camera view supported placement of your design onto the raw material.
- Connect ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver to your network per WiFi or Ethernet cable.
- Works with your favorite browser on your PC, Mac, Android and iOS device.
- No special software or driver installation required.
- Over-the-air software updates are performed automatically.
- Spacious working area (500x400mm / 20x16") takes large objects.
- Powerful laser source cuts up to 4mm (5/32”) plywood.
- The safety housing and lid ensure Class 1 laser certification.
- Due to the clean, yet square-edge design: it’s an uncluttered, solid workhorse.
More detailed software and hardware specs can be found further below.
As much love as we have for laser technology, we treat it with the same amount of respect. Your safety is always our highest priority. ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver will be certified as a Class 1 laser machine and is going to implement the following safety mechanisms:
Closed safety housing with safety lid:The working area is fully closed and absolutely no laser light can get out. (No safety glasses required)
Key-switch: To make sure no unauthorised person uses the laser in your absence, use the key-switch to turn ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver off.
Interlock switches: If the lid happens to be opened during a laser job, the laser shuts down immediately
Integrated fume extractor: Fumes are extracted with the integrated simple fume extraction. We recommend to absorb them with our custom Mr ALL-Laser Air Filter System, more details below.
Password protected access control:Your ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver will be password protected thanks to our software authentication mechanism. Multi-user environment possible.
Mr Beam Air Filter System
Due to the nature of laser cutting and engraving being a thermal process, fumes may emerge depending on your working material. While the smell of engraving wood might just remind you of campfire other materials like PVC emit highly toxic fumes. The cheapest and best solution to always stay safe is our customized ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver Air Filter System.
ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver includes a simple fume extraction system which can be used to vent the unfiltered fumes for example through a window. If you don’t have the possibility or simply don’t want to move unfiltered fumes to the outside, we recommend you to use our custom Mr ALL-Laser Air Filter System. It fits perfectly under your desk (25x25x40cm | 10”x10”x16”) and comes with a hose. All fumes, particles and smells are safely filtered for indoor usage.
About our Software
ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver comes with a customized version of the fabulous 3D-printer software OctoPrint, adjusted to the specific needs of a laser cutter and engraver. It runs on a Raspberry Pi 3 inside ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver - the best thing about this: You don’t need to install anything on your computer, tablet or phone.
ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver’s software is based on it’s predecessor version which is currently used worldwide by the users of our first Mr Beam Kits. Over the years we have advanced and stabilized the software and added support for ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver’s new functionality.
These are ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver’s planned software features:
Web Interface running on ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver, simply point your browser on your PC, Mac, Android or iOS device to ALL-Laser Cutter and Engravers address. No installation required.
Network: ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver connects to your home or office network per WiFi or ethernet cable. If there’s no existing network available it creates it’s own personal WiFi.
Upload your image files via drag and drop. Supported file formats are: SVG, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PCX and more.
Easily resize and position your image in the live camera view to cut or engrave exactly where you want.
Pick a design from an integrated online library. ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver has built-in cloud support
Settings: Simply use our material specific pre-settings for cutting or engraving or tweak the settings as you want with our advanced options.
Automatic software update over-the-air.
Plug-in architecture for your own software modifications.
ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver software is open source for your personal hacking pleasure.
In future we want to extend the functionality with more cloud based features such as support for three dimensional objects and special color correction modes for difficult to engrave materials. Even though it benefits from cloud services, ALL-Laser Cutter and Engraver will always run without an internet connection at all.
- Working area: 500x400mm / 20x16"
- Maximum object height: 38mm / 1 1/2"
- Powerful 5W high efficiency shortwave laser
- High precision: 0.2mm cutting kerf, 0.1mm positioning precision
- Full metal safety housing closed with safety glass lid
- Laser Class 1 certified
- Footprint: 710x480x175mm / 28x19x7”
- Fume extraction with optional attachable filter system
- Camera assisted design placement
- Fully assembled and ready to use
The LEDs in the corners of the safety housing don't need to be ordinary LEDs. When reaching this stretch goal, we will replace them with individually controllable RGB-LEDs as you may know from Adafruit's neopixel products.